Many of you have been asking me to put the results of my own genealogical research online. I’ve done just that: almost my entire database is available from the family trees link in the horizontal menu.
- The database features over 55,000 people.
- Most of them are from Winterswijk, Aalten, Bredevoort and Dinxperlo.
- The database includes over 6,000 emigrants to the United States and their families.
- The database roughly covers the 1500-1900 period. To protect the privacy of the living, more recent information has been excluded.
- The earliest person is Henrick Roerdynck, born about 1420.
- The most prolific person is Egbert Mierdinck. He’s the ancestor of over 4,000 people in the database. I’ve never met someone from Winterswijk who is not a descendant of his. I’ve challenged many Winterswijkers to find me the exception, but was always able to trace the ancestry back to the Mierdinck family.