Quotes from blog posts by clients:
What would have taken me years of effort and a good knowledge of the Dutch language, took Yvette a few hours.
Yvette sent me a wonderful research plan based on what I have (not a lot) and what I want (well, duh… everything) and we get started tomorrow. [...]
I can hardly wait as I embark on this unexpected genealogical journey through Friesland in Holland, the land of my ancestors with Yvette!
Yvette has been digging up all kinds of documents for me.
Do you need help with finding your Dutch ancestors? Yvette Hoitink is a professional genealogist in the Netherlands who can help you with your research.
Professional genealogy services
Yvette can provide the following services for you:
- Visit archives throughout the Netherlands to do research
- Online research in Dutch and international websites
- Transcribe, abstract or translate original documents
- Analyze records for evidence and clues
- Create research plans
- Create research reports, including detailed source citations
- Authoring or co-authoring of genealogical publications
- Consultancy on how to break through those brick walls
- Help prepare your visit to the Netherlands
Three-step-plan to find your ancestors in the Netherlands
- Contact Yvette and describe what you know, how you know it and what you would like to know next.
- Yvette will then create a high-level research plan, and will indicate what the first phase of the research should be. This plan includes suggestions for the first archives to visit and the records which will be consulted. An estimate will be given for the work, including the maximum number of hours that will be spent on the first phase.
- Once you authorize to spend a maximum number of hours, you will be asked to pay a deposit and Yvette will then start the research. At the end of the phase, you will receive a report with an explanation of the findings.
Why hire a professional genealogist?
There are several reasons why you should consider hiring Yvette to help you with your Dutch roots:
- Yvette has over 20 years of experience in Dutch genealogy. She has done research in all the provinces, in all the major types of sources covering a time period from the late Middle ages until the present day.
- Yvette has over 15 years of experience in emigration research. She’s helped hundreds of genealogists, mainly from the United States, to find their immigrant ancestors and their families in the Netherlands.
- Yvette knows how to use online sources very effectively. She’s given lectures about internet genealogy since she was 18 years old and wrote a successful book on that topic.
Using online information effectively will dramatically reduce the hours needed to answer your questions. In some cases your question can be answered by online sources, otherwise online information can help to prepare a visit to the archives so those visits will be more productive.
- Yvette is fluent in English and can help you to understand Dutch records and the stories found in them by providing translations and explanations.
- Yvette is a Prince2-certified project manager who knows how to plan and organize her work and keep her clients informed about the progress.
- Yvette is a member of several genealogical societies, including the Nederlandse Genealogische Vereniging (Dutch Genealogical Society) and the Central Bureau for Genealogy in the Netherlands and the Association for Professional Genealogists and the National Genealogical Society in the United States. This keeps her informed about advances in methodology and available records.
- Yvette has very high ethical standards and works according to the code of ethics of the Association for Professional Genealogists and standards for sound genealogical research and standards for sharing information with others as recommended by the National Genealogical Society.