Here is an overview of all the new sources, websites, and projects that were announced last month.
- Over a million scans of notarial records of Overijssel (1811-1925) have been added to the finding aid. Almost 60,000 of these scans have been automatically transcribed. These transcriptions are available via Zoek in transcripties.
- Church membership records of Steenwijk (1721-1882) have been scanned and indexed and can be searched via the Steenwijkerland municipal archives website.
- Scans of court records of the city of Groningen (1601, 1658-1811) have been added to the finding aid.
- Transcriptions of several 18th century church records in Limburg have been added to GenBronnen.
- Several transcriptions of 15th century serf registrations from the district of Zutphen have been added to GenealogieDomein.
- The weekly newsletter Moergestel Nieuws (1976-2016) has been digitized and is available on the website of the Regional Archives of Tilburg.
- Several newspapers from south-west Friesland (1846-1961) have been digitized and can be searched at De Tiid.
- The church membership records of the Anabaptist church in Bolsward hve been added to Alle Friezen.
- Scans of the resolutions of the Leeuwarden magistrate (1595-1811) have been added to the finding aid.
- The website Utrechtse Bestuurders [Utrecht Administrators] has information about the mayors, aldermen, council members, and other Utrecht town officials of the past 900 years. The members fo the current municipal council have now been added.
- Population registers and name taking records of Elburg, Oldebroek, Nunspeet, Harderwijk, and Ermelo are being digitized. The scans will become available via the website of the Regional Archives of Noordwest-Veluwe.
- Transport registers of real estate transactions in the Zaan district 1560-1811 are being indexed. Volunteers can join at Vele Handen.
- The introduction of the new Archive Law has been postponed to July 2024. [Source: NA]
- Two more archives announced a new digital repository for preservation of digital and digitized records: the Tresoar and the Zeeuws Archief [Sources: Tresoar and ZA]
- The Regional Archives in Tilburg had a leakage, and now there is mold in the flooring and it has to be replaced. The reading room will be closed for longer than planned. [Source: RAT]