The Amsterdam City Archives will no longer charge for their online scans. That means that you do not need pay-per-view credits anymore to consult the scans that are attached to their indexes or finding aids.
Available indexes include:
- Church records of baptisms, marriages, and burials before 1811
- Conveyance records of property transactions before 1811
- Criminal confessions 1535-1732
- Patient records from 1818-1899
- Population registers since 1851
- Police records from World War II
The Amsterdam City Archives website is only available in Dutch. If you use Chrome as your browser, it will translate some terms for you. “Achternaam” is last name, “voornaam” is first name, “tussenvoegsels” is prefixes like Van, De, Ter.