Here is an overview of new records and projects that were announced in the past month.
Online Dutch records
- The register recording the poor of Gorssel, Gelderland, that was discovered earlier this year, has been digitized and added to the website of the Zutphen Regional Archives.
- The West-Fries Archief published indexes of the old notarial records. See the Genealogische bronnen [genealogical sources] page for a complete overview of the sources. You can filter by “Notariële akten” [notarial records].
- Notarial records (index and images) of Breda and surrounding municipalities (1550-1905) were published on the Breda City Archives website.
- Passport applications for Zutphen for 1922-1933 have been published on the website of the Zutphen Regional Archives.
- The website Tilburg op de Kaart was renewed. It is a clickable map showing information and images of different places in Tilburg.
- A new website, Brieven uit Deshima, presents a manuscript from 1817 about a trip to Japan.
- A new indexing project was launched to index the population registers of Utrecht of 1890-1899.
- The Noord-Hollands Archief, the provincial archives of Noord-Holland, is starting a project to index the baptismal, marriage, and burial records from 1578-1811. They are looking for volunteers that are able to read Dutch.
- The Netherlands Institute for Military History made over 1,000 aerial photos from the period 1920-1940 available via Wikimedia Commons under a CC-BY-SA license.
Happy to discover your website