Last week, I attended the National Genealogical Society Family History Conference in Grand Rapids, Michigan, where I gave three presentations. These recordings and those of many other speakers are now available for puchase via PlayBackNGS.
- “Dutch Genealogy 101: Finding Your Ancestor From the Netherlands“
- “For Family, Faith, and Fortune: Emigration from the Netherlands in the 1800s“
- “Dear Me: Writing Research Reports to Yourself“
Other topics relevant to Dutch genealogy:
- Jill Morelli, CG, “Glory to God! Dutch Christian Reformed Church: Online, Parish and Archive Records“
- Mary Risseeuw, “Michigan, Iowa and Wisconsin: Dutch Colonies in the Mid-1800s“
- Mary Riseseuw, “Tragedy of the Phoenix: A Ship Disaster in Lake Michigan“
- Janet Sjaarda Sheeres, “Single Dutch Woman Immigrating to America: Where She Came from and Where She Settled“
- Janet Sjaarda Sheeres, “Tracing your Dutch Immigrant Ancestor from Home to Here“
Each recording comes with a syllabus. For my presentations, the syllabus includes a link to the slides and other material relevant to the lecture so you can see the slides while listening to the audio.
In total, there are more than 150 audio sessions available for purchase, including several on methodology that are also relevant to researching Dutch ancestors. Be sure to check the list of sessions to see what else you might like.
The recordings can be purchased individually, or as part of a package. NGS members get a discount. If you purchase one of the recordings, the speaker will get a share of the proceeds. Please show your support for these speakers by purchasing their recordings.