The Koninklijk Bibliotheek, the Royal Library of the Netherlands, is making Dutch newspapers, books and magazines availble for free at Delpher.
Delpher has the following sections:
- Boeken basis [basic books]
- Boeken Google [Google books], books scanned in collaboration with Google
- Kranten [newspapers]
- Tijdschriften [magazines]
- Radiobulletins [radio bulletins]
Good things to try are:
- Full name of your ancestor in quotes, e.g. “Arend Kastein”
- Name of your ancestor with initials in quotes, e.g. “A Kastein”
- Last name of your ancestor combined with the place where he lived, e.g. Kastein Dinxperlo
- Last names of two spouses, e.g. Kastein Buitink
- Name of your ancestor with a common OCR mistake, e.g. “Arend Kastem” since in is sometimes misread as m.